Owasa Consolidated School
The Owasa Consolidated School was built in 1917, and the first graduating class from the high school was the class of 1919 which had attended two years of high school in what is today's Owasa Methodist Church. The building was dedicated in 1919. For many years the Owasa Community School served as the hub of the community, but with the state re-organization of the small schools into larger districts, the school ceased to operate as a high school in 1961 and closed completely in 1967. The trophy cases for the school and numerous pictures of graduating classes and sports teams can be seen at the Jackson Township Hall.
About Owasa >